heart's desire  

Posted by Derek in

one's heart's desire, what is it you ask
is it something that you can easily task
a thing to seek and a thing to find
a thing that can so easily be defined?
not for me, i must so bluntly admit
i wish i knew, and i wish i might
have a clue as to where my heart's true
but i just don't know, where i'm to go
i wander and bump and grind through it all
wondering and asking whenver shall i fall
because i know with no sense of direction
i'm only bound for certain destruction

with so many things in my life abound
i'm seeking the answers to all things unfound
trusting and believing in the truth
of all things that may come unglued
this is in my hands, for me to discover
where exactly my treasure to uncover
is it somewhere or something nearby
or is it at a location so far, like Dubai

on a long journey, must i embark
in order to search out this lost ark
to find what's inside, my heart's content
to seek the answers to my winter's discontent
finding something that gives me that passion
to go on with life without these distractions
to give me focus to work on my muse
so as to not lose sight of my cruise

away i go, far away from here
until i've discovered that which is dear
to me and my life, something worth living
something i know that i just can't be missing
until i can grab hold of this question of mine
i just won't be able to truly shine
and take off in the direction that i'm gunning for
only then might i be able to finally reach shore.

03.11.10 2.00-2.06am

This entry was posted on March 11, 2010 at Thursday, March 11, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment