Songs of songs  

Posted by Derek in

Sitting over here with the headphones to my ear
I'm listening to songs that to my heart endear
verses and choruses of how much i miss you
harmonies and melodies of how much i need you
they all tell me of how much i'm missing
and becuz of all this, how much i'm tripping
that i need get my life right back on track
that with you i need to stay on the same path
but these songs, all they keep feeding me
is empty promises of false hopes and dreams
i know i need you.. i think i need you?
does this square peg even fit in the round hole?
could it be you, that im missing so badly
or is it so true, that we've moved on, sadly
are all these games that we play with each other
meant for someone else, another other?
i can't keep track of this anymore
i don't know how much longer i can keep the score
i'm so ready to let you back into my life
but i just don't know if its you that's right
so all this wishing and dreaming and thinking i'm doing
what's it all for; to what end am i going
becuz if the only path that lies ahead for us
ends up being a road traveled with no trust
then its high time for me to do something and get out
so that i can start flying on; but you, you're out.

03.10.10 9.00-9.08pm

This entry was posted on March 10, 2010 at Wednesday, March 10, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment