Taking flight  

Posted by Derek in

here i am, still once again
penning to paper, my thoughts again
these verses that spew forth from me
are a reflection for all to see
the madness and craziness inside my mind
a glimpse of the window into this turbine
a machinery of insanity within my soul
that derives its source from the depths of Sheol

this thing of mine eating away at me
it's something that won't leave so easily
this gnat that pesters me day and night
just won't leave me be without a proper fight
begging and learning different strategies
each all leading to new catastrophies
they all just serve as different signs
detailing the madness related in kind

turning on this path, continuing once more
it seems i'm just always stuck to the floor
i try to reach deep down within my core
to see where in the world i can work on this chore
of finding this thing that just cannot be found
this catalyst to help get me off the ground

i know that once i'm finally flying
there won't be a thing in sight to stop my riding
the skies the limit for my new intuition
haters cant stop my satisfaction
i won't let you take away all that i've worked for
you can't knock down this without any gore
its mine, my own, i've earned it myself
you just continue being your lil hating self

so watch out. when it comes, it'll be a-coming
don't be standing by when it comes a-knocking
i'll take off faster than a speeding bullet
that steel wall; i'll run right thought it
trust me when i say that i'll be gone
i won't stay up all night waiting till dawn
either you're with me now, until, forever
or you can stay there, do your thing, whatever

03.11.10 2.13-2.23am

This entry was posted on March 11, 2010 at Thursday, March 11, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment