New Beginning  

Posted by Derek in

Chaos. Madness. Destruction everywhere;
This is the life I live, of what I share.
People screaming, things still falling,
nothing in its entirety is still existing.
Standing still, in this presence,
I soak in the torrid scene and its essence
that the world is a mess that needs major fixing
but who can come to tackle something so daunting?

Cracks in the earth, attacks from the water
raids sent by heavens, nipping by the embers;
this is the scene that falls all around me.
Where do I start, when all around I see
piles of ash and mountains of ruin;
How do I even begin to start getting in?
I know something needs to be done;
times running out, I must beat the setting sun.

At bad as it seems, as dark as the ages
It's never too late to begin rewriting pages
Even amongst the number of bridges already burned
I'm confident that those times can still return
Perhaps not at the level at which things once were
but enough to repair the damage done by her.
That evil being will not continue to pillage me
and once I receive me victory, she will soon see.

So I move beyond my comfort zone, that which is safe
to embrace the cesspool that has been so strafed.
Taking just one step at a time, I am more than aware
of the extensive amount and time I'll need to care
but I'm more than certain, absolutely trusting
that in the end, all will work out, creating
a brand new beginning, something better than before
something amazing that will be in the annals of lore.

01.24.10, 11.43pm-12.05am

This entry was posted on January 25, 2010 at Monday, January 25, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment